So there I was, checking my email…when I see I’m “tagged” in a post on Fakebook… The post is by a girl I know who does make-up for some brides I’ve photographed….so an acquaintance more than a friend. She’s around 30 yrs old. She also happens to be BIG into her faith, quoting scripture etc etc….so moral values are clearly important…
“Hello Everyone!! I have decided to put a short gift list together, for my birthday on January 17th. This year is really special to me, because it marks a fantastic age to be. So if in the case any one is wondering what they can get me to mark this special occasion, here are a few ideas:
1. Gift Certificate for Facial or a pedicure or a massage. 2. A Pair of Heels – size 7.
3. A Blackberry Bold or a Smartphone 4. Kindle Fire or IPad
5. Woman Thou Art Loosed Bible – By T.D. Jakes
6. A Collection of Daniel Steele or Susan Lewis Novels
7. A Tyler Perry DVD Collection 8. Jesus Culture Worship CD or Wow Worship CD
9. Birthday Dress: Size – Small 10. Clutch or Dinner Bag – Any Color
Hope this helps….lol….Have a great 2013 you guys….your friendship alone is a gift, a tangible one would be a wonderful gesture…”
Now, the girl is very sweet, and I don’t want to be offensive to her in any way…so I’m actually going to refrain from commenting…but I do have a suggestion for number 11…
Psalm 37:25 – I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging for bread.
After all, isn’t it “more blessed to give than to receive”?!